Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Slumber Party Massacre (Naked Women And A Serial Killer, It Must Be The 80's.)

Score: 4 Out Of 10
            A few weeks ago I blogged about a film produced by Roger Corman and when looking for something to watch this week, I saw his name and thought, "Why not?" Excuse me, Mr. Corman? Hi. I know you're a legendary producer and are responsible for one of my favorite movies, but could you please give me back the last 77 mins. of my life. Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy all the lovely naked women who appeared in this horror comedy, but the fact of the matter remains. I did not laugh and I am not feeling to frightened. So as a horror comedy I will have to say this one is a fail. "The Slumber Party Massacre (witch spawned two sequels by the way... I know, right... Two... A trilogy!)" stars Michelle Michaels, Robin Stille and Michael Villella. It was directed by Amy Holden Jones. I'm not joking when I say this, she also Directed the "Beethoven" films. Remember those? The cute dog movies where the family falls in love with the Saint Bernard. Apparently it only took ten years to go from drilling naked teenagers (pun) to family dog movies.


                       Alright, let's get down to why this movie stunk. The main problem: It's a horror COMEDY. So why wasn't I laughing? Answer: Because they followed the "Corman Philosophy" of film making. Fill it full of blood and boobies and hope horny teenagers pay to see it. But overall it even fails in that respect. Most of the nudity is right up front. After thirty minutes all you're left with is a fully clothed (with one quick exception), unfunny and flat out predictable horror film. They even had a cat jump out and scare the main character. If you really want to have fun with this movie, invite some friends over, get some alcohol going and you guys can take shots every time someone notices a cliche. Or you could just watch a good movie.

     Love,
       The B-Movie Guy.

Twitter: @BMovieguy  #Bmovieblog   #theslumberpartymassacre

No comments:

Post a Comment