Monday, February 20, 2012

Monster (Humanoids From The Deep)

Score: 6 Out Of 10
           I feel like I find myself dealing with the subject of rape on this blog so much that I'm actually starting to feel bad about it. I mean, what if some sick-o reads this and starts raping women. On second thought, that would imply that people actually read this shit. Anyway, today I watched "Humanoids From The Deep (the opening titles in the movie refer to the film as Monster with the humanoids part in really really tiny print underneath, by the way)." This is film about sea monsters who come up on land for the purpose of mating with human women. Before we go any further, I would like to point out that the director, Barbara Peeters, wanted to make a darker and more serious horror film and was fired before completing the film by the producer, Roger Corman, for not filming enough nudity. There's two ways of looking at this. 1) Good for you Ms. Peeters, you stood up for what you believed in. 2) Good for you Mr. Corman, you gave us more titties. I haven't made up which side of the fence I'm on yet.

            So, our movie stars Doug McClure (you might remember him from some other shitty movies like: "The Land That Time Forgot" and "The Bananas Boat"), Ann Turkel and Vic Morrow. They all give terrible laughable performances. In all honesty, I actually kind of liked this film. It was really nothing more than cheesy monster costumes, boobies and lots of blood. Sure the movie is light on story, the effects looked bad, some of the characters did thing for seemingly no reason and all the dogs getting killed kinda upset me, but when you read the description for a movie on Netflix like this one has, you just no it's not really gonna be that good. Needless to say the reason I enjoyed this one was because I had low expectations. Sometimes you want a really good movie, sometimes you just want blood and boobies. This was a blood and boobies night.


Love,
   The B-Movie Guy

Twitter: @BMovieguy   #bmovieblog   #Humanoidsfromthedeep

P.S.
How the hell did this get four and a half stars on Netflix?!

No comments:

Post a Comment