Monday, January 12, 2015

Lust Of The Dead (A.K.A. Rape Zombie)

Score: 1 Out Of 10

         There were a lot of things that ran through my mind while I watched this movie. Why would someone make this? Why would someone agree to be in this? Why was this recommended for me on Netflix? I admit, I was completely flabbergasted for the entire seventy three minute run time. "Lust Of The Dead (2012)" was directed by Naoyuki Tomomatsu and stars Rina Aikawa, Yui Aikawa and Kazuyoshi Akishima. The film is about zombies taking over the world. The twist (as if you didn't see this coming) is that all the zombies are men and they only attack women. Instead of killing the women, they gang rape them. All of this is caused by climate change allowing radiation from space into our atmosphere, then the radiation affects the male genitalia in a way that turns us into zombies. After being raped, women are turned into evil spirits. That was a series of sentences so stupid I can not believe I just typed them. 



         Every thing about this film is just bad. The concept, the writing, the acting and the special effects (both digital and practical). I get that this movie was meant to be funny, but it opens up with a woman being raped and beaten by her husband. It is pretty hard to laugh at a movie after a scene like that. Seriously, there was not one person on set, maybe someone in the editing room or a producer who said, "wait, you want to film what?" Do not get me wrong, I admittedly have a pretty dark sense of humor but you have to draw the line somewhere. And once again, Why was this recommended for me on Netflix? Because I watched "Godzilla's Revenge (1971)!?"

Love,
   The B-Movie Guy


No comments:

Post a Comment